1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

iBuypower and other non-namebrand computers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Espare87, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Espare87

Espare87 Thread Starter

Does anyone out there know if the iBuypower computers or other computer out there on like Tigerdirect or the ZT brands from Costo are any good? I've never heard of them but keep seeing them popping up everywhere....

I've only ever had a Dell, HP or Gateway machine.:rolleyes:

2. BG-0

BG-0

They're most often made from quite much better quality parts than Dell, etc as they don't get exclusively extra cheap motherboards and other parts like the big brand companies. They do sometimes use lower quality power supplies though, quite a feat considering what the factory built boxes have. I wouldn't recommend getting any of them without modifying it yourself and selecting a quality power supply for it, or replacing it yourself to save a few dozen dollars, as well as getting a longer warranty for the PSU.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!