Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

iCloud and Calendars - can't find a forum to put this in - sorry!

828 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  leskiepie 
#1 ·
Yep, looked everywhere on TSG but can't seem to find a suite dedicated to iCloud issues - this is as close as I can get but apologies if it is off subject here ..................... more than happy to move it if one of the Mods can tell me where to go!

Anyhow, just a quick post to express my total lack of understanding with iCloud - part of a big club from what I can see on Google!

I use iCloud for all my calendars and have been using the different colour calendars for specific events etc. such as say "red" for birthdays. "green" for appointments and to date have had no problems.

After a recent windows update (I think) I now find that ALL the colour calendars are visible on the left hand side of the calendar page when viewed on Outlook 07 with every one of the seven colours all having a tick in the box inside them and therefore of course displaying every one of them on the main viewing window on the right side.

I don't even have my default "calendar" anymore though the "anniversaries" calendar shows everything I have scheduled. Naturally, as I "uncheck" each colour calendar on the left, those on the right are removed PLUS their contents from what appears to be my default calendar (anniversaries)

How do I get back to just having the one basic iCloud calendar showing whilst still having the coloured ones in the background should I wish to just pull ONE of them up?

This does not appear a great explanation but hope the above makes sense? If not, I'll try to get a screenshot of the display and resubmit the post.

I try - usually unsuccessfully - to use iCloud between my iPhone5, iPad3, MS Outlook 2007 and Win 8.1 and have to admit that it seems like the cats breakfast in most regards. Syncing between the various devices and programs is an absolute nightmare and I find it a constant and losing battle trying to get the whole shebang stabilised.

Is it as bad as I am making out or am I just a dummy!

Thanks all ......................... the thumbnail below shows the mess I have got myself into!

Attachments

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.