ICloud contacts folder missing from MS Outlook 365

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cuttlefish

Ian
I've got an old guy whose PC I (try) to look after but now he has got his contacts in a woeful mess .....................It's not me, true!

Up until a week ago he could use Outlook to send emails to his contacts from within Outlook and also from iCloud using:

New email x To x Address Book where he chose either his standard Outlook Contacts or where he assures me was an iCloud Contact selection that is no longer there!

Via iCloud.com x Contacts he can still send an email quite easily as all the contacts are there so basically it appears to me he has lost the link from within Outlook to his iCloud contacts.

He finds this pretty confusing as now he has two independent email systems on the go being generated from Outlook Contacts and iCloud Contacts.

Understandably he is terrified of losing his 100's of contacts across these two platforms and I am reluctant to go messing about with them .............

But it gets worse, much worse!

A quick look at his Outlook email shows Two (2) iCloud accounts and he appears to also have 2 Outlook as well!

I took these pics with a mobile phone hence the scrappy resolution.

Any help in this one much appreciated as I have to trot back up to try to sort this mess out somehow.

Attachments

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
The second iCloud entry may be the iCloud app/program or the calendar - or contacts.
I don’t use MS365 but check for any setting to add iCloud contacts to the program. Under Windows Mail it is a little switch/button under the account.
Does he have the iCloud app/program installed? If so are the contacts showing there?

cuttlefish

Ian
Thanks for that reply, got me thinking and Googling and it appears from numerous posts that the iCloud App downloaded from Microsoft is very buggy and it should only be downloaded from the Apple site. So, went back up to his place, found what I should have found the first time being the iCloud icon was missing from his toolbar altogether. Everything on iCloud.com all there but just not talking to MS Outlook.

So, downloaded the iCloud App from Apple, did the check/uncheck option of contacts, calendars etc and voila all back to normal again and the missing iCloud Contact back where it should be under address books in Outlook.

Can't believe I was so dumb as not to have jumped to that issue straight away! Thanks muchly!

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
You’re welcome.
I still use the Apple website version of iCloud & up to a few months ago used their iTunes but am now trying the MS store version.

cuttlefish

Ian
Yeh, well that was spectacularly unsuccessful! Thought I had it beaten but all went pear shaped after Outlook was shut down and restarted!

Still have the same issue that when creating a new email from Outlook, go into the address book and click on iCloud Contacts, up pops the message as in the attached pic!

I have done the following:

1. Checked the Outlook iCloud Add-in is active
2. Under Address Books have set iCloud as the default. Also tried the Global choice and the standard Contacts but nothing to see there!
3. Checked all the setting in the iCloud App under settings, unchecked, applied and rechecked the box against calendars, contacts etc.
4. Downloaded iCloud for Win10 again and the iCloud App
5. Done most everything that squillions of users on Google have the same issue with to no avail
6. Been into iCloud.com and all the contacts are definitely there
7. Tried to download the iCloud App direct from the Apple site but keep getting booted to the MS store. I've heard that the MS version is pretty flaky but can't seem to land on the site where I can get the original Apple App for iCloud, even their own site klicks you off to MS!
8. Havta believe it is in the App somewhere as everything else all checks out fine but the iCloud Contacts Folder just seems to go missing from Outlook.

Next step is to let MS Australia do a Remote Access of my mates PC maybe.....................

From the number of Google posts on numerous forums it app[ears this is a fairly common problem. I did spot a very brief error message .dll while checking the settings but can't/forgot to record the file name!

That's about it but maybe the exiting and reopening of Outlook whereby the problem immediately arose again is a hint?

Thanks all!

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online