1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

icloud photos on windows 10

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by michaelam, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michaelam

michaelam Thread Starter

I'm having a problem. My Iphone is connected to Icloud, obviously. I have an app on my windows 10 Lenovo yoga laptop called Icloud photos which should in theory give me full access to the pictures on my Iphone SE, however it's not. The photos that are on there are all jumbled, some are Whatsapp downloads some are my own and they're in no chronological order. If I sign into Icloud through a web page however all my photos are present. I did try to use the 'download' icon on the on the app I have. It showed the exact amount of photos i have on my phone however when I press download it downloads an empty photo album. I have also tried to simply connect my phone to the computer and open the DCIM folder, but its the same thing, as I'm guessing all my photos are up in the cloud. Im sooo frustrated, please help?!

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you have icloud photo library on , iphone setting, it uses space on your icloud allowance , which you only get 5GB for free

on a PC or Mac you can goto
    icloud.com and view you photos on icloud.com
    they maybe in albums , but windows does not support albums

on Windows , if you have the apple icloud app - then in photos you should see a folder in pictures
    icloud photos
    in there are three folders one is called
    Downloads
    this is the location of the icloud photo library downloaded photos

When you downloaded and installed the Apple App on windows - you should have been asked to log into you apple ID and have a setting for photos

sounds like the photos are being copied correctly from the iphone

on windows , you can only download the photos one at a time from icloud.com as far as I know - at least that was the situation a couple of years ago

The iphone will only upload photos to icloud.com when connected to wifi and depending on IOS version when plugged in or over 50% battery

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice