1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Icon question

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by KeithKman, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KeithKman

KeithKman Thread Starter

Why is the icon at the left different than the icon at the right? I want the barn icon to look like the steam icon.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

The icon of a file depends on the application which will open the file when double clicked on it. It depends on the association.

To change the association
    - select the barn file
    - keep the shift key pressed and right click the file
    - select "Open with ..."
    - from the list that pops up, select IE
    - also select the option "Always use this program to open this type of file"
    - Click on OK.

I think this should solve the problem

3. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Or right click the barn icon and select 'properties'.

Select 'change icon' and browse through your system32 files to find one that you want.

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

I think that step will change icon of only one file. If you want to change icon of all files of that type, you need to change the file association as I mentioned.

Otherwise kiwiguy has shown a nice little shortcut of changing only the icon without changing the default application that opens the file.

5. KeithKman

KeithKman Thread Starter

Thanks guys! :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice