Icon question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KeithKman

Why is the icon at the left different than the icon at the right? I want the barn icon to look like the steam icon.

Attachments

The icon of a file depends on the application which will open the file when double clicked on it. It depends on the association.

To change the association
- select the barn file
- keep the shift key pressed and right click the file
- select "Open with ..."
- from the list that pops up, select IE
- also select the option "Always use this program to open this type of file"
- Click on OK.

I think this should solve the problem

Or right click the barn icon and select 'properties'.

Select 'change icon' and browse through your system32 files to find one that you want.

I think that step will change icon of only one file. If you want to change icon of all files of that type, you need to change the file association as I mentioned.

Otherwise kiwiguy has shown a nice little shortcut of changing only the icon without changing the default application that opens the file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online