Icon to return to desktop..I lost it...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hmr516

I accidently deleted an icon from my taskbar that brought me to my desktop when I clicked it. It's no longer in my recycle bin. Does anyone know how I can get it back. Thanks.

You should find it located in C:\Windows\System. It's named "Show Desktop"

Copy it and paste it in C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

hmr516

Thanks for the help. Problem has now been resolved. Thanks again.

If you loose it altogether here is another way.

If you accidentally delete the Show Desktop shortcut from the taskbar's Quick Launch toolbar, here's how to restore it: In C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch, create a new text file with the following contents:

[Shell]
Command=
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop

Save the file as ShowDesktop.SCF. This will put the shortcut back on your Quick Launch toolbar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online