Solved Icon view now app view

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gabianni

George
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A12-9720P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 101 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 15759 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 212 GB (148 GB Free); D: 24 GB (23 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO, LNVNB161216
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Can't back into icon view.
Seems to have switched to a view that has folders
the icon view I want is just visible for 1/2 a second then shows selected folders.
I tried the personalization routine to show icons in the tray but it ignores that.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you having this issue within File Manager (Windows Explorer) or some other program?

gabianni

George
Hi:
The issue is on my desktop.
Either the pinned tiles are visible or I can expand that to all apps, but not just the apps(short cuts) I had originally.
I hope that helps.

AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn
I dont fully understand what youre asking, gabianni

Maybe this?:
Go to desktop screen and right click the screen>Go to View>Select options wanted
or
Go to desktop screen and right click the screen>Go to New>click on Folder or Shortcut(browse or enter path)

gabianni

George
upload_2018-8-11_15-19-58.png

This is the screen I have. I want the one that has this computer and all of the icons I loaded. It almost looks as if my desktop has been hijacked(?) to this view

gabianni

George
Ah. But when i right click on my desktop, nothing happens

gabianni

George
When I close my browser, I see the desktop I want for way less then a second and then get redirected to the screenshot I posted. I did download a program called "Popcorn- Time". My problem seems to have started soon after that.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter

TerryNet

Terry
But when i right click on my desktop, nothing happens
How did you get to the Desktop? Or do you mean that you right clicked on the Start screen that you showed in post # 6? If the latter, does <Windows logo> + d take you to the Desktop?

gabianni

George
not sure if this is related but you will see on my screenshot that at the extreme lower left, windows symbol, I only have the power option, and my account.

TerryNet

Terry
Question for you folks with Windows 10...

Does that screen shot in post # 6 show "tablet mode" as suggested by David? Or some weird combination of Desktop, Start screen and Welcome screen? Or what?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Also not that your battery is down to 3% and you need to plug in your charger!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online