Icons disapear when changing the screen resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cavall

Hi there!
I recently upgraded my system (new m/board -abit as8, and cpu -3.2GHz hyperthreading), and formatted my hard drive with clean installation of windows xp pro, and then sp2. Now whenever i change my screen resolution from the original windows selected 800x600 some of my icons disappear from the desktop, toolbar and windows explorer, as well as some menu pictures (e.g. the picture of the computer screen in the control panel<system<general tab.) are also missing. Note that if i change it back to 800x600 without re-booting the icons come back, however if i re-boot without reverting to 800x600 there is no way i can get them back (i have to re-install AGAIN!) .I have tried everything i can think of incld., re-installing windows, using the latest graphic card drivers (geforce 5600), re-directing the icon file path, nothing works. I am beginning to think this may be a hardware problem. please help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online