Icons displaying in low resolution

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ProjectM

I got TweakUI and changed some settings, only to click apply and have my computer look like its been sent through a time warp into the days of windows 95. My icons and folders all look like rubbish now. The colour resolution have been drastically lowered and i have no idea why, because there is no option in TweakUI to alter that. I have tried undoing the settings of TweakUI but that didnt help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Click Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore.

Select a restore date PRIOR to when the problem occurred. If all goes well, it should restore your computer back to its normal self before TweakUI trashed it.

TweakUI is a handy little utility to use, but it can get you into trouble if you use the wrong functions - as you've found out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is due to an incorrect color deep icon assignation by Tweak UI, is easy to solve the trouble:

- Click on Start -> Run.
- Type RegEdit then Enter.
- Find HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics key in left pane and select it.
- In the right pane find "Shell Icon BPP" and change the value (I'd think have 32 or so) by 16.
- Restart computer.

If the above don't work do the follow:

Change icon size on Display properties (Control Panel -> Display ->Appearance -> Advanced -> Item -> Icon) apply, and finally return it to original value (32)

It works fine.

You just go to display properties, effects tab and check the "show icons using all possible colors?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online