1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Icons for battery Life

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by terryedmondson, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terryedmondson

terryedmondson Thread Starter

I have noticed that the icon indicating remaining battery life on my gateway vista operated lap top is no longer displayed. I thus cannot see how much power I have remaining when operating on battery. This fault appears to have occurred at about the same time as i lost the ability to read the SD cards I insert. Could the errors be related and both require the same fix/remedy. What should I try?

2. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    If it's this easy...right click the start menu button, and select Properties. Go to the notification area tab and make sure that POWER is checked. Otherwise I'm not sure.

3. terryedmondson

terryedmondson Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply.
    It was as you said a simple repair action. I don't know why I was unable to locate that procedure in the help files. I would like to add that I have no memory of altering those settings that caused the battery icon to disappear. In my fumbling I had discovered a way of reading the battery status through the catalyst control center but was unable to do an adjustment from that mode. Obviously the fault of my SD card reader being inoperative is a different issue.
    I am however currently reading the contents of the sd card by using an adapter through a USB connection. If you have any comments on that one i would appreciate it.
    thanks again
    Terry

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice