1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

icons invisible in Win7 QuickLaunch

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Joephilippa, Dec 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Joephilippa

Joephilippa Thread Starter

The O/S is StarterPack - that MAY be of relevance. I've 'restored' the QuickLaunch bar, but see no icons for any of the items in that bar.

2. mel8again

mel8again

What is StarterPack? QuickLaunch is hidden in Win 7 so I assume you have found it and put it on the task bar. It probably sits down by the system tray. You cannot see what's in it unless you unlock the taskbar and drag QuickLaunch to the left. I did it on my taskbar and it shows what you see in the picture. I added ccleaner by dragging down the icon from the desktop to the QuickLaunch bar. Why do you want it when you could just pin the program to the taskbar?

[​IMG]

3. Joephilippa

Starter Pack is Win7-Lite for Netbooks etc, It lacks certain features - e.g. Aero & Snippet-Tool. I DID find QuicklLaunch and I put it on the TaskBar. Despite doing what you suggest, the entries in Quicklaunch do NOT show their icons. I tried pinning to the TaskBar and found I'd rather have the functionality of QuickLaunch - which can be enhanced further with FreeLaunchBar.

4. mel8again

mel8again

I will try it later on my netbook which has the same Windows.

5. Joephilippa

That would be very useful input - I can not find 'on the net' a comprehensive listing of Win7 disablements in Win7 Starter pack.

6. mel8again

mel8again

I was able to replicate it on my netbook with problem. Next to Quick Launch is two chevrons pointing towards the system tray. Clicking on the Chevrons tells me what is on the toolbar.

7. Joephilippa

Could you please clarify - is it true that you have Win7 starter pack, and although you can make the quicklaunch bar appear, its contents do not show their icons ? But they DO show if you click on the chevrons ?

8. mel8again

mel8again

Yes I have Win 7 lite or starter on my netbook. If you unlock the taskbar you can drag the quicklaunch toolbar to the left to expose one or two shortcuts. Anymore than two, you will have to click on the chevrons to see what they are.

9. Joephilippa

There is a QuickLaunch for more than one user, so try 'all' the QuickLaunchBars till the desired effect is achieved.

10. mel8again

mel8again

As I stated, I couldn't see a purpose for the QuickLaunch toolbar as the program could be pinned and run from the taskbar. I have now found a purpose for it. I have a java based program that uses a bat file to run it and can't be pinned to the taskbar but can be pinned to the QuickLaunch bar. Now my desktop is completely empty.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!