Icons migrating following start or reboot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cocavan

I've got Windows 10 and am plagued by the system's re-ordering my icons from my positioning before closing or rebooting. The only items checked in "View" are "align icons to grid" and "show desktop icons." "Auto Arrange" is NOT CHECKED.

There's a fix provided by the folks at ESET via YouTube dealing with editing two keys (duplicates) in the registry, but the volume is so low and the picture quality is so mediocre that it's not possible to follow it easily.

Does anyone have a transcript of the fix or can anyone provide a fix for this problem? Thanks.

A friend recommended a free program (DesktopOK) that would eliminate the symptoms, but I can't find a version that's compatible with Windows 10.

This problem seems so basic that it's a wonder MS hasn't already fixed it, yet, if they let it through their crack vetting system, I guess I should be surprised.

Thanks for any forthcoming help. I'm a retired professional cook. If you'd like a recipe for something special, let me know and I'll look through my notebooks to try to rustle something up for your help. Thanks.

I have win 10 and I R. clk the desktop to get view but I also see "align icons to grid". I usually set them so I can move them wherever I want to and as close together as I want. Hope this works for you. Click "align to grid" grab an icon and move it a few inches down or to the side, if it stays there you got it.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online