Icons missing in tray...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

damad

Hello guys,
in my machine running on a windows XP SP, tray icons got nuts...
they are not visible. time and networking is always visible.. but avast, yahoo msnger, gtalk, open DNS updater nd all those stuffs are vanished...
even adobe updater while updating is not der...which cost a lot my bandwidth. help me guys,,,,

Did you use program such as system optimizer?

Go to run type "MSCONFIG", go to "Startup" tab check which one you want to see on the taskbar.

DoubleHelix

Banned
This is a known bug with Windows XP with no good known fix. If you log off and log back on or restart explorer.exe through Task Manager, they will appear again.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Disabling the SSDP and uPNP services can have unintended side effects and eventually the problem may come back. I researched this problem for days, and it's hit or miss as to what will work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online