icons (moving)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Behrle

Just returning from vacation....my computer was used by another. And they can't tell me what they did. Only know my icons are running amuck. Every time I try and put my mouse on them they run. Have tryed auto arrange and when I take the check mark off they run and bunch up. When they arn't running around they change to different icons in line. Hope you can suggest something.

Hi there Behrle.

Suggest you do a virus scan first.

Post back if this doesn't fix the problem.

Behrle

Thank You for all your help.....I'm not perfect but running some what better. I went to house call as you instructed. Also went to nortons' and got a newer version. I did have a virus it infected 24 areas. I believe it was called a majestic ? At any case THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Your welcome Behrle.Take a look at the link Buck52 posted.It tells you all about the virus,and how to remove it.

Behrle

Thank You Buck 52....went to the site you said... very sad to see all the viruses out there. Thanks to all the folks who spend the time to help people like me to get a quick fix. I'm backing up the system again and gona try to remove the worm..... keep your fingers crossed. :)

Since it looks like a confirmed virus issue (magistr), I will move this to the Security\Virus forum for follow-ups

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online