Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icons not showing correctly

Solved 
2K views 20 replies 4 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hello All

Don't know what I did, but all my picture icons have changed, they don't show in the format they did plus they have a small icon in the top left corner. I don't have the choice to select an icon. HELP.

Regards Silversurf

#4 ·
Here's what I would recommend, since this is a good program and will serve you better than Paint...

1. Go here and download the 32-bit version of IrfanView.
2. Run the program to install it.
3. From the toolbar within the IrfanView program, choose Options and then Set file associations...
4. Click on the Images Only button on the right-hand side, and then click OK on the left-hand side (see image).

Now anytime you go to open a picture, it will open automatically in IrfanView for you.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device

#18 · (Edited)
Then you might want to disable Microsoft Office Picture Manager from "Add or Remove Programs". When clicking on Office, you should have a list of all Office applications you can disable or enable. I believe that should do it. I had the same problem with Office XP.

Follow these steps to disable Picture Manager.

1 - Click the Windows "Start" button and select "Control Panel."

2 - Double-click the "Add or Remove Programs" icon if you use Windows XP. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the "Uninstall a program" link instead.

3 - Select the "Microsoft Office" entry and then click the "Change" button if you use Windows XP. If you use Windows Vista or Windows 7, right-click the "Microsoft Office" item and then select "Change."

4 - Select "Add or Remove Features," then click "Next" or "Continue." If you use Office 2003, you must also check the box on the following screen labeled "Choose advanced customization of applications," then click "Next."

5 - Double-click the "Office Tools" item.

6 - Click the drop-down menu next to the "Microsoft Office Picture Manager" item and select "Not available."

7 - Click "Update" if you use Office 2003. Click "Continue" if you use Office 2007 or later.

8 - Click "Close" after the uninstall process completes and reboot the computer.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...09?msgId=a09e29c1-b2a5-4162-9a0d-dbbc449ceca7

#20 ·
Problem resolved. I uninstalled Office 2003 completely, restarted PC then reinstalled Office 2003, and all is as it should be.
I know they showed as .bmp but they were definately .png, and the problem affected all folders with pics.

Massive thanks to TSG for all your help, I am now a very happy chappie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.