1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Icons on desktop have no picture

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by maytah, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maytah

maytah Thread Starter

Vista premium i am running, and if I have a program shortcut on the desktop it has the look of a file that has no program set to open it. And behind that you can see some of the program icon it is weird.

Here is a picture

[​IMG]

look at bitorrent and Computer

Thanks for the help guys. Oh and btw could it be a service? I disabled a few but I am pretty sure this issue was going on before I had disabled services.

2. Tufenuf

Tufenuf

maytah, Try starting your computer in SAFE mode then restart in in Normal mode. This should rebuild the iconcache.db file and may correct the problem. If it doesn't check out the link below.

http://www.whizblaze.com/vista/icons/

Tufenuf

3. maytah

maytah Thread Starter

Neither of those steps worked.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

4. maytah

maytah Thread Starter

So that stuff didn't work but i did a registry cleaner with uniblue registry booster 2, and it fixed it, wooo hoooo. thanks for the help:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/723103