1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Icons on the start up bar are not showing up...whats up?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by mr_hellas71, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mr_hellas71

mr_hellas71 Thread Starter

Hey there

I have been using my computer for about 8 years..Windows 98 (y) and just recently i dont know how this happend but i have open windows and they wont show up on the bottom tool bar so I am forced to press ALT + TAB all the time, is there any way to fix this?

thanks in advance.

2. norton850

norton850

Can't really remember how similar Win98 is to XP, but if you right click on the taskbar is there a menu for Toolbars the includes something like quick launch?

3. mr_hellas71

mr_hellas71 Thread Starter

thats not the problem... :( the problem is that the taskbar is bare when i have windows open i.e internet explorer or microsoft word.

4. valis

valis Moderator

have you changed the taskbar since they used to appear? they did used to appear, correct? right click the task bar, make sure that 'lock the task bar' is unchecked, and then see if, when you hover over the top border of it, two arrows (up and down) come up. When those appear, 'grab' the task bar and move it up to a double row and see if that helps.

v

5. Augie65

Augie65

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice