1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Icons + Taskbar disappearing, please help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Danny_G, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny_G

Danny_G Thread Starter

Ok its my first time on here.

Basicly, when I download a file and double click it on my desktop, my icons disappear. If I click My Computer or Control Panel or My Documents...etc, my taskbar disappears and icons and everything except my background disappear. It reappears after a few seconds.

And when I click on the Icons on my desktop, the same thing happens.

I've asked some people and they said its the explorer.exe file thats corrupted or something but I can;t fix it because I can't access My Computer because it disappears!

Any help is greatly appritiated.

P.S. I don't have a Windows XP CDn because it came pre-installed on here
    Also, I did PC System Recovery. It fixed it, up until the point where I uninstallled Norton (free trial is pre installed) then I installed my Panda Anti-Virus 2007...After I restarted my pc after uninstalling Norton it started doing it again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594592

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice