1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

icons

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by pmarc, Dec 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen. display/appearance/menue/font size doesn't do much. also, huge text occurs randomly (after my kids play internet games - if that's [email protected]!).

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

to change icon size on the desktop you go to properties & appearances... to change font size you go to properties /settings / advance & change the size of the font to large

3. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

to change icon size, in display properties/appearance what are the settings for scheme and item? most selection choices are greyed out.

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

you name the scheme after you create it if you like.
    Not necessary to enlarge icons...
    see the middle address window at the bottom... click the scroll arrow & go to icon... the size #'s appear to the right... you can change the # there

5. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

... and in properties/settings/ advanced settings/ the choices are: adapter/monitor/performance!!?? no font option.

pmarc

6. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

properties/settings/ advanced settings/ display address window??

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy

"how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen."

Are you possibly trying to change the whole screen size...on the settings tab.click and hold on the slider in Screen Area and move to the left or right.

buck

8. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

font area is greyed out in properties/appearance/ when item desktop is selected.

pmarc

9. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

pmarc what is the total desktop size

800 x 600?? or what?
    if the display size is larger than that...change it back to 800 x 600
    and I think your problem of everything being to small will be cured.
    Have you been to start/settings/control panel/systems/device manager & found your display adapter & tried to update the drivers? You should

10. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

I'm ok now on the desktop.

In M.IE, O. Express, and other aps, particulary on-line, everything's way too large despite adjusting font size in the ap. All the buttons are too large also.

11. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

go back to the paths I sent you to at first... make the adjustments there back to normal

then after you do that if all is normal but the font ...try making it smaller on the browser in View/text

12. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Did you update your display driver?

13. pmarc

pmarc Thread Starter

no, didn't update drivers - however, I figured out everything. thanx. it's an interplay between a lot of screen and font customizing to get your optimal conditions.

14. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

well glad you got it fixed

15. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    You may want to consider setting up separate UserProfiles for you and the kids. That way your setup will remain untouched. <a href=http://www.noccc.org/bytes/articles/v01/315.html> This</a> explains how to do it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62885

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice