icons

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pmarc

how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen. display/appearance/menue/font size doesn't do much. also, huge text occurs randomly (after my kids play internet games - if that's [email protected]!).

to change icon size on the desktop you go to properties & appearances... to change font size you go to properties /settings / advance & change the size of the font to large

pmarc

to change icon size, in display properties/appearance what are the settings for scheme and item? most selection choices are greyed out.

you name the scheme after you create it if you like.
Not necessary to enlarge icons...
see the middle address window at the bottom... click the scroll arrow & go to icon... the size #'s appear to the right... you can change the # there

pmarc

... and in properties/settings/ advanced settings/ the choices are: adapter/monitor/performance!!?? no font option.

pmarc

buck52

Banned
Howdy

"how do I change sizes of desktop shortcut icons together with font sizes and eveything else on the screen."

Are you possibly trying to change the whole screen size...on the settings tab.click and hold on the slider in Screen Area and move to the left or right.

buck

pmarc

font area is greyed out in properties/appearance/ when item desktop is selected.

pmarc

pmarc what is the total desktop size

800 x 600?? or what?
if the display size is larger than that...change it back to 800 x 600
and I think your problem of everything being to small will be cured.
Have you been to start/settings/control panel/systems/device manager & found your display adapter & tried to update the drivers? You should

pmarc

I'm ok now on the desktop.

In M.IE, O. Express, and other aps, particulary on-line, everything's way too large despite adjusting font size in the ap. All the buttons are too large also.

go back to the paths I sent you to at first... make the adjustments there back to normal

SavvyLady to change icon size on the desktop you go to properties & appearances... to change font size you go to properties /settings / advance & change the size of the font to large

then after you do that if all is normal but the font ...try making it smaller on the browser in View/text

pmarc

no, didn't update drivers - however, I figured out everything. thanx. it's an interplay between a lot of screen and font customizing to get your optimal conditions.

Bryan

Bryan
You may want to consider setting up separate UserProfiles for you and the kids. That way your setup will remain untouched. <a href=http://www.noccc.org/bytes/articles/v01/315.html> This</a> explains how to do it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!