1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ICS help required

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bopdude, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bopdude

bopdude Thread Starter

Hi to all,
    having trouble net work bridging between pc with win98 with dial up connection and laptop with xp, laptop has lan and firewire with network bridge.
    Xp laptop will not connect to the internet.
    (xp)lan ok but no ip address.
    (xp) network bridge has 169 ip.
    have run ics on the laptop set up to connect to the internet on other computer.

can share file ok between the 2 computers just not the net. really need to get this working as we got 1meg cable modem coming shortly.

any ideas:confused:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Do yourself a favor and spend $40 for a broadband router! You'll have both of the systems connected and running in a flash, and you won't have to tinker with ICS and having the host computer turned on to use the Internet.

3. Bohemian61

Bohemian61

I am using ICS on my home network, 2 desktops and one laptop. As long as I have static IP address under TCP/IP on all comps and have the host comp IP address under Preferred DNS server on the XP it works fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice