1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ics poopin out

Discussion in 'Networking' started by morgywn, Oct 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgywn

morgywn Thread Starter

well...where to start? i have 2 xp pro puters, and am trying to share internet via cable modem....

originally had dsl(zoomtown) and networked fine...the dsl service pissed me off, and i switched to cable(roadrunner)...hooked host up via usb, and client through a hub using ethernet...ran network wizard, viola! everything is cool in ics land...zoomtown tech shows up and switched the wall jack(that was the dsl prob), and i hooked client up so we could determine if it was working(which it did) well i plugged the client back into the hub(with the cable service) and now cannot get the ics re-established...the connection wizard will not complete...tried to manually(with out any help from the wizard) reconnect the two but to no avail...recieved an error 1068 once...tried all the solutions i encountered both at the microsoft knowledge database, and using the network trouble shooter....should be this difficult seeing as how i had it working before...even went as far as re-upgrading to win xp...any suggestions?

2. morgywn

morgywn Thread Starter

...when it rains it pours....35 critical updates and that lovely sp1 to re-download...and thats for one computer mind you!

oh billy why must you punish me so?

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Most of us do not recommend using ICS to share an Internet Connection. If your cable modem has a Ethernet port buy a cheap home router. Look at my signature for the latest cheap router deal. I have RR so I would assume your router has an Ethernet port.

If you dont want to spend money then try some of the software based Proxy servers to share your Internet Connection.

Analog X Proxy Server

Free Proxy

Proxy +

Please buy a router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169610

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice