ICS Unavailable in Wireless Networking?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fezza 8800

First of all thank you for taking the time to read this.

In my wireless network, there is no option of turning on ICS, like in my LAN network. On other websites they tell me how to do this, by going to the advanced tab on the network properties, but the option of turning on ICS isn't there.

the picture here of Wireless network (ICS unavailable)

the picture here of my LAN network, (ICS is available to be turned on/off)

and this is one on the other website that allows it to be turned on in wireless networking....

the reason i need to turn on ICS on my wireless network is so that i can run my Xbox 360 over my wireless desktop computer with access to Xbox Live (the internet on the xbox)...

So what to do? thank you all (y)

TerryNet

Terry
Make sure your ethernet connection is enabled. Now do you get the option to enable ICS on the wireless network? (You do not get the ICS option when no other network connection is enabled.)

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Let's see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

Fezza 8800

after i enter in IPCONFIG /ALL, the cmd prompt window comes up but then terminates immediately, I don't know why, cmd just closes after a second it is opened.

TerryNet

Terry
Unless you are typing "ipconfig /all" is less than a second I'm guessing that you tried typing it into the Run box instead of into a Command prompt window as JohnWill suggested to do--"Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:".

Fezza 8800

^^ Whoops, my mistake, Sorry ... :p

TerryNet: enabling my other one doesn't work, I'm still left without the option to enable ICS

anyways, here are the results (print screened from CMD commant Prompt) in request for JohnWill

TerryNet

Terry
That ipconfig /all shows that you do have ICS enabled on some connection, there is no sign of a wireless connection, and you are connected to a router using the 192.168.0.x subnet so ICS is doomed to failure (because ICS uses that subnet).

Disable ICS on whatever connection it is now on; change the router to use, say, 192.168.1.x; enable both the wireless and ethernet connections; and then enable ICS on whatever connection has the internet access.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, there is no sign of a wired connection, I think the DWL-G510 Wireless PCI Adapter is probably the wireless one. :)

Terry is trying to tell you that ICS can't function with only one network adapter, so you'll have to enable the wired adapter to get any farther with the effort.

TerryNet

Terry
What was the clue--the word "wireless"? :)

Thanks for the correction, John.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online