1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'd like my computer specs to be evaluated.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Israphial, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Israphial

Israphial Thread Starter

Hi!
    I don't have much to do today, I'm rather sick. I'd like to know if there are any good upgrades I could apply to my computer that I may not know about. I am rather tech-savvy, so if there ARE any upgrades, just tell me about them and I'm sure I'll have no trouble getting them. The exception to that being my BIOS, I'm not sure how to update and mess with that, nor do I know whether or not I need an update on it.
    This is copied from my Dxdiag(Diagnostic Tool) and System properties. I copied all relavent information I found.

OS:Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit (Build 6.1 7601) Service pack 1
    System manufacturer: Toshiba
    System model: Satellite L855D
    BIOS: InsydeH2O Version CCB.03.72.021.30
    Processo: AMD A8-4500M APU Radeon (graphics 1.90 GHz - 4 CPUs)
    Memory: 6144 MB RAM
    directX version: DirectX 11

I also use Comodo Dragon antivirus and protection, as well as Malwarebytes Malware protection. Both of which I keep updated.
    Thank you in advance.
    ~~Isra

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Aside from using an SSD instead of a standard HDD, there isn't much you can do as you have a laptop. In general, laptops can't be upgraded. The only items replacable are typically the RAM, HDD, and CD/DVD.

3. Israphial

Israphial Thread Starter

How would I go about acquiring SSD ?
    Is it something that can be updated per internet, or is it something I physically have to add to my computer?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  5. Israphial

Israphial Thread Starter

Interesting. So, if I wanted to buy a SSD that would equal or surpass my current RAM, which is 6GB, what would you recommend?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    An SSD replaces the hard drive, not the RAM. SSD's are more expensive than hard drives and they come in smaller capacities. You'd have to see how much space you are using on the hard drive now and get an SSD that would suffice. If the SSD is the only drive in a computer/laptop then it really shouldn't be less than 96 or 128GB, with smaller drives you can easily run out of room and require additional storage. You can also take your existing hard drive and turn it into an external to store media files to free up space.

7. Israphial

Israphial Thread Starter

Ahh, I see.
    Thank you so much for your time.
    Also, can you tell if my BIOS should be updated or not? I haven't the slightest idea how to access it or check if it needs an update.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    The BIOS only needs to be updated if it resolves a specific issue you are having or if it adds something of value. Generally you don't need to update the BIOS.

What is the full and exact model of the Toshiba you have? There's a sticker on the bottom, for example L855D-S5242

9. Israphial

Israphial Thread Starter

Full model number is:
    L855D-S5220

10. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice