1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I'd love to have Photoshop BUT...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sunnidaze2k, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sunnidaze2k

sunnidaze2k Thread Starter

The simple truth is I just cant afford it SO my question is...Is there a more affordable program one can get comparable to Adobe Photoshop? I have a trial version and I'm really liking it...just a drag that I cant save what I've created. I've also noticed some older versions for sale on Ebay..can they do that?

2. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

3. sunnidaze2k

sunnidaze2k Thread Starter

Thank You Carolyn...I'll have to check it out!

4. hewee

hewee

Yes the PSP 7 is free sunnidaze2k so get your now and keep the install too. If you ever redo your PC your want to have it to install again because that site may not be there or PSP 7 may not so burn it to a CD.
    Also go to http://www.jasc.com/support/updates/default.asp and get any updates.

This here is the English version so if you want another then go to the link above.
    Patch to update Paint Shop Pro 7.0, 7.01, or 7.02 to version 7.04. Also patches included Animation Shop 3.0, 3.01, or 3.02 to version 3.04. You must have Paint Shop Pro 7.0, 7.01, or 7.02 to install the patch. Paint Shop Pro 7 users do not need to install the Animation Shop 3.04 patch separately. It is included in the 7.04 patch.
    psp704ep.exe [11,841,088 bytes] from Jasc Software
    http://www4.jasc.com/pub/patches/psp704ep.exe

Release notes for this patch:
    704readme.doc
    http://www4.jasc.com/pub/en/704readme.doc

So get them along with the PSP7 and Animation Shop, Free download here and burn them to a CD.
    http://com-puterworks.com/Free_Downloads.htm

5. earlst

earlst

I have been using Photoshop Elements 2 for quite some time and I just recently upgraded to Elements 3. I think they are really good programs. If you have used photoshop you should have no problem learning Elements.
    Earl

6. 911

7. johnni

johnni

Thanks to hewee I downloaded PSP7 and am exploring it; it is more complicated than my current Arcsoft!
    But I also downloaded the update psp704ip.exe (not ep) and read the 704 readme.doc, which doesn't seem to be too much of an upgrade, more a trouble-shoot. However the 704 update does not install, complains it can't find PSP7, invites me to point to it, and when I do nothing happens; this is probably because I have not yet registered PSP7.
    So I ask - is the upgrade worth bothering with (quite a big download), and what are the advantages/disadvantages of registering PSP7? I tend not to register software for fear of constant emails trying to sell me stuff!
    Any views?

johnni

8. hewee

hewee

johnni, I have downloaded the file but have not installed it because I only wanted it in case it was ever taken away from the site. I already have a paid version so never used this free version.
    But if the program works for you without any troubles then hy upgrade. I would get it still because if you want to install it on your next PC then you may need to upgrade to do away with some type of trouble. One of those things your never know but if you have all the files then you can install it.
    But I would say yes that it wants you to register. Been so long I forget if I had to register for my update to install.
    But hey register using a web base email account. I never register or sign up for anything using my ISP email so I have never gotten any spam from my ISP. :)
    Use hotmail, yahoo, myway, Gmail or another web base email.

9. johnni

johnni

Thanks hewee - I think I will wait to see how much I like the program before registering and updating. To date Arcsoft Photostudio has met my requirements but does not have layering, so that is something I would like to explore. As for animation....well.... I don't know!

johnni

10. hewee

hewee

Your welcome and do a search on google and your find lots of wen sites to help you got on PSP.

11. RAM-PAGE

RAM-PAGE Banned

Thank you Hewee. That is quite a bonus. I have added the program and the update thanks to you. There was another article here on PSP and using RAM somewhere.

Do you have any advice on that question?

12. linskyjack

linskyjack

Check out the Gimp--it is free and does many things that PS does.

13. bkpeck

bkpeck

There is a book PSP 7 For Dummies that I ordered

14. brindle

brindle

Thanks Hewee, I too D\Led psp7.0 and the upgrade. Been wanting to learn photo editing but it always seemed so overwhelming. I'll google for a tutorial and see how it goes.

15. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Suggestion..... leave your politics out of this thread. (n)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice