IDE controller problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rickyg

I am trying to load win98se. It seems to load alright from the cd but after it has setup I cannot use my cdrom.
When I go into Control Panel under device manger it tells me that my primary and secondary ide controllers are either not present or not working properly and that I should try to upgrade the drivers for these, the only problem is that I cannot find any updated drivers.
Can anyone help me with this problem or has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it?
:(

rickyg

It is a Gigabyte GA-6LA7.

The cdrom works fine when I use a win98 boot disk but as soon as windows has been installed I lose my cdrom.

rickyg

I cannot see a DMA setting under device manager as windows does not recognise the cdrom.
The only way I can get any info off the cdrom is to use the boot disk from prompt screen only, once windows has loaded I lose any functionality from my cdrom.
The cdrom I have installed is a Lite on LTR-40125s.
The jumper setting is set to master as I have it installed on the second ide channel on the motherboard by itself.
The cdrom is a 40x12x48 speed burner.
Any help would be more than appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online