1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ide harddrive to sata mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KwisatzHadarach, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KwisatzHadarach

KwisatzHadarach Thread Starter

I had an external wd harddrive that I wasn't using much and decided to fill that last empty 3.5" bay in my new case. My problem is that the external drive is ide and my motherboard only has one ide slot that's being used by two dvd drives. I found an ide to sata converter on newegg, ordered it, installed it......and it dosen't seem to work. I have four sata slots on my mobo. I have already added one sata harddrive and had to configure bios to work with it, but this last harddrive dosen't show up. I went to the manufacturer's site and I found that I installed it correctly. There are no drivers I need to download. The converter is a small circuit board with an ide plug on one end. When inserted into the harddrive and power connected, it's led indicator lights up, the harddrive idles but it just dosen't show on bios. Oh....and I formatted my pc thinking it would inadvertantly fix something and now I can't even GET into bios. When I press F2, F10 or Delete it dosen't do anything. Just loads windows with no eMachines post beforehand. I don't have any ideas. Help!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/600566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice