ide hdd conversion to sata mobo?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tony oh

Hi,

probably a silly question but...

I have 2 hdd one is IDE and the other is currently usb 2.0/ide also my dvdrw is IDE.

I'm looking to buy a new motherboard for a core2duo after the july price cuts but nearly all that I have seen only use sata.

Anyway I was wondering if there is any conversion part I could so I could still use these as the extra expense isn't is my current budget/limit.

Thanks.

Many new mobo still support IDE devices. Some of them offer one IDE channel, instead of the normal two, for running two IDE devices or master and slave.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online