1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IDE, SATA drives???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by debbiesg, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. debbiesg

debbiesg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Debbie
    I am buying an E521 from Dell. I just found out it has SATA drives. My drives I have now are IDE. I am clueless. I want to know if I can use my drives as a second drive in this new computer and if so in little baby words how I can do it. Thanks so much.
    Debbie

2. omgtehpwn

omgtehpwn

A lot of new computers nowadays are only being made with one IDE port on the motherboard,which is supposed to be used for CD/DVD drives.I believe they make IDE to SATA adapters though so you're not completely out of luck.

3. replay

replay

4. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

:eek: No IDE ports! What will Dell think of next?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/583960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice