Ide?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

midlandman

I'm trying to help a freind over the phone with this problem.He upgraded from WIN95 to 98,and there seems to be a bit of a problem.
In systems manager,there's a "!" at the "Secondary IDE (FIFO)".In the properties,it says "No drivers,No program".
Where would I find these?WIN98 disk?If so,then what file?Thanks!

Del

You need to find out what hard ware he / she has.
Could be a second HDD or a CD Rom.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Is something not working? Is the secondary IDE controller enabled in the bios setup?

midlandman

It's the CD rom.I don't understand why though.It did install the WIN98 from CD.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
If bios is ok....then more than likely you'll need to reinstall the motherboard drivers.......

midlandman

I kinda thought that.His computer is over 5yrs old.Any Ideas if he doesn't have the motherboard drivers anymore?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Look in the device manager, for something like VIA, SiS, Intel......

Is it a name brand computer?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts