1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ide3 and ide4

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BrainHz, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainHz

BrainHz Thread Starter

I connected one drive each at ide3 and ide4 and set the bios to "RAID", when I go the the array set up utility and hit opt 1, it does'nt find any drives, the latest RAID drv. is installed, I also tried to load WinXP in this raid config and it also saids it can't find any drives, thanks for any help.

GA-8iexp 845e mobo
    (2) mator 80 gig ata133, Jumpers set to Master on both as indicated in the RAID manual, correct cables used.
    Promise RAID on board controller,enabled

2. exocet

exocet

What type of RAID array are you trying to set up? RAID 0 or 1?
    If those drives are to be on the same array, set them up so that they are on the same cable on the same IDE port. Verify that the jumpers are both set to Master if thats what the manual suggests. Then go back into your BIOS and enable RAID support. When you're booting up, you'll see the RAID program (usually HighPoint Technologies) detect your settings and give you the option to enter the RAID BIOS (commonly control+h). Do so, set up the RAID relationship (array) between the two drives, and let it do it's thing.

HTH

3. BrainHz

BrainHz Thread Starter

I'm trying to set set up array 1, I tried what you said and my computer hung up, my manual saids to put one drive on each raid connector and both set to master, it doesn't say to place both on the same connector, thanks anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/94460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice