1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Identical Microsoft Store App and 3rd Party App on Same PC?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by misstas, Oct 27, 2019.

1. misstas

misstas Thread Starter

I installed a 3rd party app from the official website of NCH Software called 'express zip file extraction' by downloading and running the .exe file. I then went onto the Microsoft Store and downloaded the same app made by NCH Software, only it installed with a slightly different name. So, in the end I had two apps that were listed as separate in the apps list but did exactly the same thing. I have read that having two apps that are the same can cause problems in Windows, such as BSOD error by corrupting dll files and servives. Could someone explain if this is true? Thanks to anyone who replies!

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

That problem often crops up when running two Anti-Virus type programs at the same time. What happens is, during a Virus scan they can get into a fight over what to do with a particular 'problem' file ... which can slow your computer down until you close one or the other of fighting programs.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234868

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice