1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Identify motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sarcasm8, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sarcasm8

Sarcasm8 Thread Starter

I open my case and stare at my motherboard, but can't figure out from the markings who made it or what model. And after I fired my last one I lost the receipt for this one so that's a dead end. All I know is it has a SiS chipset.

Is there a way to go through my PC to figure out the make and model? I want to see how much memory and the what the fastest processor I can install on it are.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Download CPUZ or Everest and either one will tell you your mainboard.

3. Sarcasm8

Sarcasm8 Thread Starter

Ok. I did that.

I have an ECS motherboard.
    Model: M810D LU 1.0
    BIOS: 07.00T

I go to there Web site and don't seem to see my motherboard listed though. Are you familiar with this motherboard? Can you help me determine the fastest processor and maximum memory I can put in it?

Current:
    AMD Athlon XP-M 1500+
    Two 256MB mempory sticks

Thanks.

4. brite750

brite750

Got to PC Chips site your mobo is listed there, ECS and PC Chips are related companies

5. brite750

brite750

Your manual says 1gig of mem you have two slots for PC2100 DDR266, that would be 2x512, your FSB is 266 so you can probably put a XP2600+ thourghbred core in it you would have to confirm that with the cpu chart for you mobo. Again your mobo is socket A PC Chips its part of ECS.

6. Sarcasm8

Sarcasm8 Thread Starter

Awesome. I got it now. Thanks for the help.

7. brite750

brite750

no problem

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice