1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Identifying a 1960s Talk Show From Framegrab

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by cwwozniak, May 27, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I am trying to identify the host (man on the left) and the name of a TV talk / variety show that may be country music related from the 1960s.

1960s Country Talk Show Frame Grab.jpg

2. 2twenty2

2twenty2

3. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Might be a young Porter Wagoner.

RT likes this.
  4. RT

RT

Well just to narrow things down, pretty sure it wasn't from Hee-Haw, the set was too elaborate ;) :D

Porter Wagoner is a darn good shot at it,

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  5. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
  6. RT

RT

Didn't really mean Hee-Haw, John...that was a joke....perhaps I didn't use enough smiley guys to indicate that :rolleyes: ;) :eek: :whistle: :D

'

2twenty2 and valis like this.
  7. valis

valis Moderator

okay, that made me laugh....(y)

8. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John

Indeed. ;)

:D

RT likes this.
  9. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter Thread Starter

First Name:
    Chuck
    After looking at a few other photographs, I am going to have to agree that the host is a young Porter Wagoner. I just could not find any photos of him and a guest sitting in those big brown leather(like?) chairs. My screen capture was from the host introducing an older video clip of Chet Atkins.

RT likes this.
  10. RT

RT

Yeah, must go to YouTube to see it.
    Chuck, I'll let ekim68 (Mike) know about this...he likes all things guitar (y)

One thought that's occurred to me in the pre-dawn hours here, is that the info I've seen on Porter Wagoner's show was that it aired in the '60s and the clip title states that it's from the 50's.
    But the intro is in color, and the clip in B&W... so was he introducing a previous performance?

Just food for thought.

11. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Enjoyed the vid :)

It would be interesting to identify the woman in it also.

12. RT

RT

I thought so as well, John! It might help, sure would require some delving and sleuthing...

13. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    A Memory peeking through the canyons of my Brain just now. My Dad was a Porter Wagner fan and we watched some of his shows and for a while he, Porter, had Dolly Parton as a partner for about five or six years. The Show had high ratings for a while and in my opinion it was Dolly, (with Music and Stage presence), that gave Porter his ratings. After a while Dolly decided to start out on her own and it turned out to be a very National Enquirer kind of thing. At one point Porter wanted her to stay so bad that he threatened a lawsuit, but never did... And she did quite well after that...:cool:

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice