1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved IE 11 out Chrome in OMG!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Money Pit, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    I was having trouble with IE 11 on some web pages so I "bit the bullet" and installed Google Chrome. Because of recent security reports about "face book", I'm still nervous having made the switch. I checked all the security options and turned off those I thought I had a bit of an understanding of. The terms and descriptions are unfamiliar to me as I've been an IE user for 20 years. This is a huge learning curve for a 70+ y/o ex farmer.
    OK: Here is my first issue.
    When I see a video on YouTube that I want to send to friends, with IE I just highlighted the URL pressed "C" opened WLM and pressed "V" and there it was, a clickable link easy peezy. If I try the same procedure with Chrome, all I get is black text and after sending it's not clickable. The recipient has to copy/paste it into their browser. There must be an easier way with Chrome? I've did several searches but I don't understand the chrome related terms used to describe how to remedy this issue. Please Help. :)

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Here is one way to do it:

Click once anywhere in the URL (address) that you want to copy, press [Ctrl][A] to highlight it all and then press [Ctrl][C] to copy it into temporary memory in your computer.

Start an email message, click down in the body of the email where you want the URL to be and press [Ctrl][V] to paste it. If the URL is not clickable at this point, highlight it and then press [Ctrl][K].

3. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    OK that worked, hoping for a easier route? Thanks much though :)

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

This might help reduce the first half of the above instructions a bit, right-click anywhere in the video window and select "Copy video URL".

--

Another way to do it is to click "Share" under the YouTube video, click "Email", type in your recipient's address and an optional email message and click "Send email."

5. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    "Copy video URL". is not an option on my Chrome - YouTube
    The second way is tough when you want to send the URL to several addresses.

6. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Here's what I see when I right-click in the video window:

[​IMG]

--

When I click SHARE on Youtube, I get a pop-up showing a list of the people in my Gmail Contacts list, like this:

[​IMG]

If I want to send to more than one person, I simply click the "Send More" link that will appear after the first person's name you clicked, then click someone else, etc., etc., etc. Note that you can also click in the "Search for people" next to "To" and type in the first few characters of their name. For example, if I wanted to see the "David"'s in my contacts, type in say "dav" and the "David"'s and "Dav"e's should appear.

7. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    OK COOL!!
    I misunderstood you at first, I right clicked the URL for the video. If I right click within the video screen it works perfectly. I don't use web mail but when I click "Copy URL" then I can paste (Ctrl+V) into my email client. THANKS: You rock ;)

8. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

(y) You're welcome. Many of us 'ol-timers Rock!, in more ways than when in our rocking chairs. ;)

9. Money Pit

Money Pit Thread Starter

First Name:
    Dave
    if you say so ;) thanks again.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice