IE 5.1 for the Mac/MS Cache Folder/Empty Now?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HappyWarlock

When I use Internet Explorer and click the “empty now” button to empty the MS Internet cache folder files still remain in the folder.
Is this normal?

Those remaining files should only be basic configuration files do a get info finder command on the folder to see it's size.

HappyWarlock

How many configuration files should there be?

There were three Waf files in the MS Internet Cache folder.

I deleted one file to make more room because I didn’t get any free space in the MS Internet Cache folder after clicking the “empty now” button from the preference module of the Browser.

Also, why am I seeing 1,022 MB for a cache folder that’s only suppose to have no more than 512 MB, according to the preference module in the browser?

If I may....

You might want to move away from IE on the Mac. M$ hasn't supported it for years and they have just given a month deadline where they will no longer offer ANY support. I don't know if you use other browsers now or not but Firefox, Safari, OmniWeb, iCab- those are all great browsers available on the Mac.

Just thought I'd say something in case, ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online