1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6.0 Installation Issues

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by denco, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denco

denco Thread Starter

The real issue here may be that I've lost my mind, but I KNOW I had IE 6.0 - now suddenly I have version 5.5. My Outlook Express still shows as being v. 6.0 (is that even possible?). I know of nothing that has been done that would have changed anything on my PC. My problem is that I can't download the IE 6 upgrade, nor can I install the full version. Setup never completes, or I get an error message that some components were unable to be installed.

My operating system is Windows ME, and I use Zone Alarm Security Suite and Firefox 2.0. As much as I hate to say it, I need IE 6! Several of my work-related sites require IE 6.0, and I'm dead in the water until I can figure out what is wrong. I welcome any suggestions, comments, and even put-downs about my crappy operating system (how's that for being desperate?). Thanks!

:D

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

3. denco

denco Thread Starter

Hey, thanks so much for your help! I went to the site you suggested and completed the download, but when I tried to install I received an error message that several file sizes were wrong. I've got different issues now that have popped up, so I'll come back to this later. Just wanted to say thanks - and don't go anywhere! :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice