1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6.0 jpg modification

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Cruiser, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cruiser

Cruiser Thread Starter

Hi yall.
    I have consistantly did my windows 98 updates. A recent one required me to pick up IE 6.0. I collect pictures and always kept them in a particular folder on my desk top. A nice feature of IE 6.0 was to give me a thumbprint of the picture (jpg or bmp) prior to opening it.
    Here is my problem:
    Since installing IE 6.0, I installed Calander Creator 4.0. Installation of this changed my default .jpg viewer to a Graphics Image Server file type (contained within the CalandarCretor 4.0 program). I know that subsequently installing programs overwrite previous defaults, but I know there has to be a way to reset the default.
    Anything you can recomend, I would certainly appreciate it.
    Thanks
    Cruiser

2. mark5019

mark5019

find one of those files in windows and hold down shift button and same time right click with mouse box will reappear and re asscociate your viewr to what u want to open/or veiw with:p

3. Kento

Kento

to elaborate, highlight a pic file then right click on it while holding the shift key down and select 'open with' on the menu. On the next screen click once on the program you want to use to open those files to highlight it. Then place a check in the "always use this program etc..." box and click ok. Your pics will now open in the program you chose. If you want them to open in a browser window then select either IExplore or Explorer (doesn't matter) on the list. You can always change it using the same method.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64474

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice