1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6.0 Randomly Zooming in...help please.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Xagoth, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xagoth

Xagoth Thread Starter

This actually started a couple of months ago. I was browsing like normal and all the sudden I can only see about 1/8th of the screen. It looks like I have a magnifying glass over one part of the web page I was browsing.

Funny thing is...my mouse acts as if the screen is normal. I can move it to the bottom of the screen and click in the lower left to bring up the windows menu. I can only see the very top of the windows menu though.

Everything goes back to normal if I Alt-F4 and close the web page. It has done this on more than a couple different ones now. So it doesnt seem to have to do with the actual web page itself.

I thought it had stopped until today. It did it again!

Now since it first did it, I have bought a new video card and am using newer drivers. So it cant be the video card or drivers.

I have also updated to SP2 since this first happened...so it isnt SP2 related either.

I dont have any accessibility options installed.

None of the times I have had anything running in the background.

I have never had it happen outside of IE though.

System Info:

Win XP Home edition (SP2)
    DX 9.0c
    GeForce 5900xt
    IE 6.0
    Detonator 61.77

Hope someone can help with this extremely odd and rare (I have yet to come across another post with this problem through MUCH searching) problem. Thank you.

2. Xagoth

Xagoth Thread Starter

Just an update.

I noticed the page it was zooming in on had flash player running.

So I kept reloading the page trying to get it to do it again and it did. Odd thing was, it did it while I was using the scroll wheel on my mouse.

I also noticed on flash player windows, there is an option to ZOOM in on the window. The effect is the EXACT same I am experiencing, only its the entire webpage zooming in.

Another oddity...I decided I would take a screenshot of the zoomed in webpage to post here. So I hit printscreen and pasted in to windows paint....funny thing is, in windows paint, the webpage is NORMAL size.

So I uninstalled flash player 7 and have tried to recreate the zoom effect. No luck.

So I am beginning to think its a problem with flash player 7 and my computer. Unfortunately, leaving flashplayer off my computer would be annoying. Seems like 90% of the webpages out there use flash (including this one).

Any help guys/gals? Would VERY much be appreciated. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276999

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice