IE 6.0 Script Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jodes12

We recently reinstalled Windows 98 due to some problems we were having. We just got a new HP digital camera docking station which worked just fine before we reinstalled win 98. Now when we click on our software to unload our pictures from our camera we are getting a the error:
Internet Explorer Script Error

Line: 110
Char: 3
Error: Object Doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
URL: file://C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bbfe\unload\Device.htm
Then it asks do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

This does not allow us to load our pictures at all. We have tried several times reinstalling the software. We have the box checked disable script debugging in advanced under internet explorer options. Is there a dll file we need?

Please help!

Jodes12

Go to windowsupdate.com
There may be updates for IE available.
Then go to start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove programs.
Find Microsoft Internet Explorer, click Add/Remove, and choose repair.

jodes12

I tried repairing internet explorer. I installed Windows Scipting but when I get it on the desktop and install it there is no icon or anything in my start menu is this normal? The error still has not went away. Thanks for you help if you have anymore ideas please let me know.

jodes12

It's normal. Windows Scripting is not a program for us to run. It's support for scripting languages.

B

Balzac

I'm not following why are you getting a browser script error?
Are you uploading files to a particular site?

Windows Script Host is a scripting engine for scripts run natively within the operating system(jscript, Vbscript, etc) IE has it's own scripting Engine. You shouldn't need WSH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online