1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6.0 Script Error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by jodes12, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jodes12

jodes12 Thread Starter

We recently reinstalled Windows 98 due to some problems we were having. We just got a new HP digital camera docking station which worked just fine before we reinstalled win 98. Now when we click on our software to unload our pictures from our camera we are getting a the error:
    Internet Explorer Script Error

Line: 110
    Char: 3
    Error: Object Doesn't support this property or method
    Code: 0
    URL: file://C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bbfe\unload\Device.htm
    Then it asks do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

This does not allow us to load our pictures at all. We have tried several times reinstalling the software. We have the box checked disable script debugging in advanced under internet explorer options. Is there a dll file we need?

Please help!

Jodes12

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Go to windowsupdate.com
    There may be updates for IE available.
    Then go to start>>settings>>control panel>>add/remove programs.
    Find Microsoft Internet Explorer, click Add/Remove, and choose repair.

3. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

4. jodes12

jodes12 Thread Starter

I tried repairing internet explorer. I installed Windows Scipting but when I get it on the desktop and install it there is no icon or anything in my start menu is this normal? The error still has not went away. Thanks for you help if you have anymore ideas please let me know.

jodes12

5. Mosaic1

Mosaic1

It's normal. Windows Scripting is not a program for us to run. It's support for scripting languages.

6. Balzac

Balzac Guest

I'm not following why are you getting a browser script error?
    Are you uploading files to a particular site?

Windows Script Host is a scripting engine for scripts run natively within the operating system(jscript, Vbscript, etc) IE has it's own scripting Engine. You shouldn't need WSH

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

No, they are being moved from the camera, to the hard drive.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113291

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice