1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 and Quicktime movies

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ssyddall, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssyddall

ssyddall Thread Starter

Firstly, Hi i'm new here but i have read your forums for about a month and found them very helpful with problems i have had.
    I am new to computers but wish to learn.
    Most problems i have fixed thru reading other posts but this one still baffles me:

My computer literly locks up almost everytime i try and view a quicktime movie (movie trailers mostly) thru IE

My computer does not lock up totally but slows to crawl. Upon pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del (and waiting and waiting for Task Manager to appear) i can close IE and once it closes my computer returns to normal speed.

Details of machine:
    pentium IV - 2.0GHz
    1/2 gig Ram
    windows xp pro
    80Gig HDD

Thanks in advance for any help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119090

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice