1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 can't do it but Opera 7-beta can -Huh??

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bellgamin, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Thread Starter

I visited...
    http://www.freshdevices.com/

...to download an update to Fresh Diagnose -- a really nice program in the same genre as AIDA but [I think] better.

When I tried to download the update, it asked me to *register* my email address. I did so, and then was taken to the following page...

http : //www. freshdownload. com/ cgi-bin/ arp3/ arp3-formcapture.pl

{I intentionally busted the above link so you could see the whole thing}

The above page was blank. No download. Nothing.

The page is obviously a cgi to grab the email address I entered. THAT part worked because I got a message from fresh. However, the page couldn't take me to the download.

I tried 3 times. Turned off my Firewall. Turned off my AV. Lowered IE's security level to lowest. Nothing worked.

Then I tried it with Opera 7-betaa. Poof! I got to the download in jig time.

I have IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1; Q328970; Q324929. Also I recently downloaded & installed the patch to the Virtual Machine.

I reported this problem at the Outpost firewall forum [thought the problem was firewall related] -- three of them visited the site & it was okay for them.

I have been unable to replicate this problem anywhere else except at fresh's site.

I run WinME. Is there a way to get IE to do the self-repair bit? OR..... what do you folks suggest?

aloha..........bellgamin

P.S. I like Fresh Diagnose so much that I went to web attack & downloaded the update. Still -- I sure would like to fix the problem with IE if anyone here can tell me how.

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Program.

Selelct IE and click on Remove. It will open a window with a few options. Repair will be one of them.

3. bellgamin

bellgamin Thread Starter

Thanks. I had forgotten about that little fixer-upper.

bellgamin

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

You are welcome.

Come back if it doesn't get solved. This forum, as you must be knowing, is full of troubleshooters and if I can't solve it, some body else will surely pick up the tab ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/108978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice