1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 Faulty

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by geniebug, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. geniebug

geniebug Thread Starter

I am unsucessfully trying to repair IE 6. I was told to run sfc/scannow (message from repair site) - but I get the following error msg "Windows cannot find sfc/scannow" etc. please make sure you typed the name correctly etc. etc ...........

When I am trying to open something like "the news" from an email, it opens up in IE as an invalid syntax ("the page cannot be displayed"). Mozilla is my chosen default browser and I also run Acoo.

I have XP Home Edition S Pack2.

Any suggestions? I only keep IE on the system for programs which wont work with other browsers

Regards
    Judy

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

There needs to be a space between sfc and /scannow.

3. geniebug

geniebug Thread Starter

Ooops - sorry. I have now done that, it asked me for my Windows Home XP Home Edition disc for DLL cache. The disc has been in for over half an hour and has only moved 3/4" - is that normal?
    Judy

4. geniebug

geniebug Thread Starter

Thanks DoubleHelix - it needed a bit of a push along the way. .. Took forever to work its way through the disc, but all is well now, thanks for your help.
    Judy

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/505457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice