1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6, IE 7, Firefox 2.0 all shut down while I'm online with no explanation...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by HollyG, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

I get the popup that IE encountered a problem and will be shut down...send an error report, or it happens with Firefox. I will usually be working in one window with IE, then I'll open up Myspace in another window let's say with Firefox. I usually get the error message while I'm on Myspace and then that window will just shut down. Tonight I had 2 IE 7 windows open, and it crashed both windows. Not sure what it is about that site that would cause this.

2. titanania

titanania

If it hasnt been happening prior and you haven't made any changes, malware could be the cause.

Download HijackThis (link below) Choose run a scan and save a logfile. The copy and paste the contents of the log into your next post.

3. HollyG

HollyG Thread Starter

I've already been doing that in another post. But I hadn't addressed this particular issue when I posted my Hijack this log.

4. titanania

titanania

I would simply abandon this thread and post this problem into the thread with the HJT log, the two problems are most likely related to each other.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/524985