1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 keep crashing unknown error!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by arnni, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arnni

arnni Thread Starter

I have a windows ME
    and everything has been going fine until my internet explorer keep crashing.

Now at first i thinking, ok why dont i update it first so i did, and the porblems stil persist i manage to get this little bit of info about what been happening i'll try and get sum more. If it a simple problem that cna be fixed then i'll be in great debt to you. But if nothing can be done will i have to reinstalled IE 6?

ERROR!

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 03091033

It dont mean nowt to me
    i'll try and get more info very soon

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Arnni
    IE crashing could be many problems from corrupt files, wrong versions, to a security problem.
    Best place to start would be to:
    1) Delete all Temp Internet Files
    2) Do a repair of IE

Delete all temp files by opening IE select tools up top and then select Internet options. Once there select Delete Files in Temp section and make sure you select all offline content when it appears. Follow prompts from there.

Now close IE and go to start\settings\control panel\add-remove programs
    Scroll down to "Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and tools" highlight that line and click remove. When pop-up appears select repair. Click OK if necessary.

Note: Make sure all other applications are closed before doing this since system will want to restart. Also after restart try IE again once MSN runonce will be page opening, close it and reopen it to have correct homepage.

Try that to see if crash problem is corrected.

If not then I will transfer this thread to the security section to have the Gurus there run you through the drill to see if something is interfering with IE.

Dave

3. Mowergun

Mowergun Guest

arnni,

Can you browse at all? Does IE crash immediately when you try to use it, or does it crash occasionally when you browse the internet? Do you have Sun Java VM?

4. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Let's see if it is being caused by spyware or malware.

Go to http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/ or http://lurkhere.com/~nicefiles and download HiJackThis. Use Winzip to unzip it, then install and run it.

NOTE: HiJackThis.exe file SHOULD be installed in it's own folder. Before downloading create a folder and name it HiJackThis then d/l HiJackThis to that folder. To run double-click the HiJackThis.exe file.

The reason for it's own folder is because HiJackThis will create not only log files, but a backup of whatever it removes so you can restore if necessary. If you d/l HiJackThis to your desktop and run it from there you will have log and backup files scattered all over your desktop.

To run, click the "Scan" button. When it's done the "Scan" button changes to "Save Log". Save the log file it creates (it should open in Notepad at that point). Copy and paste the results in your next post. Most of what it finds is harmless, so do not do anything yet. Someone will be glad to help you sort out any of the not so good items that may be in there.

IF you get an error saying msvbvm60.dll is missing,
    Download and run the MS visual basic 6.0 runtime files

5. arnni

arnni Thread Starter

No IE Only crashes when it loading sum bigs and it happening freqently, Like downloading a file or clicking on forums

6. arnni

arnni Thread Starter

things have seems to be fine now

but i will report if anything happens

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219268

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice