IE 6 not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perry123

Please note that i could not able to use Internet explorer 6 on my pc as whenever i start explorer i get a message "Could Not able to load Search Page" when i click OK it ask me to reinstall IExplorer. That also i cant do as i cant serch any website. Please help. I have Windows ME operating system.

Give this a try, it works in win 98.

Select Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information. When The information window opens select Tools and then IE repair tool. Select Repair IE.

Let us know if this helped.

I am not sure about WinME but in Win 98 I have IE6
& when I did a repair on it... I went to control panel add/remove programs & found Internet explorer 6. there. I then hilighted it & went to remove & a window came up giving me the option to repair or remove... I chose repair.
You might beable to do that.
also you might be able to find the IE6setup ( installer ) on your sytem where you can run the install again

Go to start/find/files or folders.....
when the find window comes up...
go to the "Look In" line & type My Computer
then in the search line type in ... ie6setup

click Find Now

Hopefully you can get it straightened out this way

:) Savvy

perry123

Thanks for quick reply. But it didnt work. I tried all the options. Even tried to reinstall by going thru iesetup but i get a message that some file are missing.

click on My Computer then click control panel then click add/remove programs find IE6 and click on it. click add/remove
check restore previous version. This should bring back your older IE and from there you can go on the net and reload IE6
Reloading only took me about 5 minutes as most of the filse are already on your HD.
DUTCH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online