1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 or 7 does not work

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Siten0308, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siten0308

Siten0308 Thread Starter

Hello,

I am logged under the domain admin, and for some reason when I double click on IE 6, it says something like "enable to access the file extension exe., you may not have permission to run this program." I am the Domain admin [email protected]^@, also it gave me this pop up, which i looked up on microsoft website:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linked=63939

I looked it up, followed the directions still the samething, any other ideas cuz i have none

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

What does this mean?

I am the Domain admin [email protected]^@

We will need some more information like system specs on the computer this is happeniing on?

3. Siten0308

Siten0308 Thread Starter

What domain admin is the administrator for the domain, the big cheese pretty much. so I should say i logged in as administrator, and i get that error message when trying to go to the internet or even update windows. So i tried to install IE 7 but does not work. I have made sure that a group policy was stopping me, but then again i have the administrator account and still experiencing this,

The PC is:

Windows XP pro
    Pentium 4 2.8 ghz
    512ram
    40gb hard drive

hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice