1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 6 pops up, annoying

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by WhiskeyJoe, Oct 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyJoe

WhiskeyJoe Thread Starter

Howdy folks. I'm currently stuck with IE 6 at work (trust me, i tried getting it changed, aint gonna happen). Whenever IE6 finishes loading something, windows selects the window, makes it come up to the foreground, even if it was loading into the background. This is really annoying because I often log into multiple things or use several windows at once, and i have to click back to the one i need every time something loads. Is there some way to disable this in IE6? Again, I cant upgrade, company machine.

2. Dan O

Dan O

Being it is a company PC they most likely have it locked down with Windows policy, which you cannot undo. Sorry

3. WhiskeyJoe

WhiskeyJoe Thread Starter

well, if it werent terribly locked, would it be possible to change this behavior? I just want to know where to look.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/758818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice