1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 and "Google Translate" toolbar problems

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by johnaspro, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnaspro

johnaspro Thread Starter

I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask in, but I know you are all so helpful.

IE 7 (7.0.5730.13)
    XP Home service pack 3

I use Google translate tool bar which should translate a web page to English.
    In the past I have visited sites, in Spanish, and the toolbar starts and translates it into English - no problem.
    But now, if I visit the same sites I get a whirling indicator for a few seconds, then get "there was an error translating this page"

Someone said it might be "flash player" but i have installed the latest version and I have re-installed the Google toolbar.

If it happened only on new sites, I could understand but it is happening on sites that have worked fine for month/years.

Is it happening to others? and does anyone have a fix - Please

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Since you are running IE7 and the latest version is IE8, do you have the latest Google Translate toolbar?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/959125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice