1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 Auto Closing

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Bidyoufarewell, Apr 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bidyoufarewell

Bidyoufarewell Thread Starter

I run 2 older machines that are both Windows Xp Home edition. When I ran updates several months ago they both pulled IE8 update and crashed both machines. The one Im on now had to have XP Home completely reinstalled as it would not boot at all. The other that Im still having issues with boots fine now. After the initial .dll problems I ran system restore like a fool and now it set everything back getting rid of the .dll at boot, but ie7 does not work. When i try to load a new ie7 window it starts begins to load then auto closes. When I did the system restore it left a lot of the ie8 stuff in windows file but the uninstall isnt there. I need this comp back up for mostly net browsing. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice