1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

IE 7 issues-quick

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jme0724, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jme0724

Jme0724 Thread Starter

I costantly get redirected to the dell search page when trying to go to websites with IE 7. I thought it may be a virus, but I have trend micro pc-cillin internet security and it comes back clean, and is up to date and scans daily. I also ran a panda scan and it too comes back clean. So, my question is if this is just an IE7 problem? I've read through a few posts and it seems IE7 has some issues. Just wanted to know if switching back to IE 6 would fix the problem? Thanks

2. Molucky

Molucky

Have you checked inside your add/remove programs to see if it is there. If it is just remove it, when did this start happening and did you install anything just before it started happening?

3. Jme0724

Jme0724 Thread Starter

Hi, yes internet explorer 7 is listed under my add/remove programs. It started right after i installed IE 7. I've only had the computer for 3 months. I've installed AOL IM triton, picasa, MS office xp, and Itunes.

4. pedroguy

pedroguy

You might want to check this:
    Right click on the IE icon on your desktop,select properties,this should show you what IE thinks is your default home page.Put your desired home page in this,select apply and see if that changes your home page

5. pedroguy

pedroguy

Jme:Sorry,I mis-read your post(thought home page).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice